Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Hunt Starts Here...

I read somewhere the other day, that Gok Wan told an autograph hunter to go away as he was too busy smoking! While I do actually find this quite funny, it also made me really angry... Who on earth does he think he is? I'm sure that as this person was asking for his signature, they must have admired him. He or she watches his shows, takes his advice and buys his books, DVDs and whatever else he is peddling at the time! There is nothing wrong with this. We all have heros and famous people that we like and admire, so what gave him the right to be so fucking rude?

This started me thinking...

Do celebrities (regardless of how famous or in vogue they are) value their fans? How many celebrities would take the time to respond to a polite email from a 'fan' asking for a signed photograph? Of course, in reality, the emails probably will not go directly to their own inbox, but where this is the case, are their 'people' instructed to send out a signed publicity photograph or will the request be ignored? I'm going to find out just how much celebrities value their fans...

I'm going to randomly send out some emails asking for an autograph to lots of celebrities. Local, National and International. I'll be starting off by using the best contact emails that I can find on the internet and using the same format every time. I will state I am a big fan, give one line of just why I admire them and then ask nicely if they would mind sending me an autograph! I'll then give my name and address and hit the send button! I'll then score them against a scale which i'll devise and post up here soon! This will then give me a league table of celebrities that value their 'fans' (the people that ultimately finance their 'fabulous' lifestyles) and those that don't! I'll hopefully have a bit of fun and a few adventures on the way!!!

I've started off tonight, 2nd August 2008, with the following people...

Ed Doolan - Presenter - BBC Radio WM
Janice Long - Presenter - BBC Radio WM
Nick Owen - Presenter - BBC Midlands Today
Karren Brady - Managing Director - Birmingham City FC
Caroline Martin - Presenter - BRMB Radio
Paul Daniels - Magician
Gordon Ramsay - Chef
Gok Wan - Presenter - How To Look Good Naked
Jeremy Clarkson - Presenter - Top Gear
Richard Hammond - Presenter - Top Gear
James May - Presenter - Top Gear
Suzi Perry - Presenter - The Gadget Show
Jason Bradbury - Presenter - The Gadget Show
Jon Bentley - Presenter - The Gadget Show

More soon.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home